Friday, February 09, 2007

Yarn pr0n

It's like Christmas in February! Especially since the money spent on this little splurge came to me on Christmas day in the form of generous gift checks that I finally deposited last week... and immediately spent. Forget the fact that my winter-ish boots are, quite literally, falling apart and my favorite (ie, the only presentable pair) pair of jeans are faded beyond recognition. Anyway. Today I received two Destash packages.

Noro Iro. Three skeins bought at a significant bargain.

Can you believe it's too sunny for a good photograph? The darker skein on the bottom right is closest to true color. It's a mix of purple, black, white and burgundy. Not exactly what I expected but still gorgeous. And sooooo amazingly soft! I truly love this and it came at the perfect time. I was looking at Iro for a specific project but decided against it based on the cost. Now I can use it!

Dale Tiur. Seven balls (3 white; one each red, orange, green and blue). These are slated for trials in colorwork.

This yarn was packaged very poorly for the mail and the envelope was completely ripped open. The mailman put it down in a pile of rocksalt on my stairs with the red ball hanging out of the package, ON THE STAIRS. Ugh. A few of the balls got dirty but hopefully they will survive. This yarn is delightfully soft and cushy. I really can't wait to try my hand at mittens.


Looks like I have some work to do. Next week the KnitPicks package should arrive, full of needles and yet another box of yarn (10 balls, oh my). It's official. I have a stash.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Yay for having a good stash! Every knitter needs one! I look forward to some lovely FO's!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home