Thursday, January 18, 2007

Because I totally have time for another hobby.

It's here! Last weekend my parents were kind enough to drive the sewing machine out to my apartment and today I finally had a chance to snap a few pictures.


Doesn't it look like a UFO? I think so.



No bells & whistles on this baby; everything is analog.


Sorry for the lack of content lately (yes, Sam, I do read your comments). I'm writing dissertation from my last 7 years worth of research and the final product is due sooner than I care to think about. Thank goodness for double spacing and enormous margins. You'd be surprised how quickly the pages add up.

Sock knitting is proceeding as usual but I ripped out the green Jaywalkers. What can I say? I'm fickle these days. I started the Pomatomus socks from Knitty but they look awful. Why on earth would someone put yarn-overs at the join between needles? I have huge gaping spaces at the joins. Other than that, the sock is gorgeous. Of course, it will be ripped out as well and possibly restarted by Magic Loop, once I have US2 circs that are bendy enough. Yet another sock has been turned at the heel and the gusset decreases finished. Stay tuned.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Oh, I know you read your comments, and I hope you know I didn't mean anything rude by that last comment. Your first priority is the dissertation, and believe me, I'll be one of the first ones there helping you celebrate its completion. I'm looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sewing machine looks uber cool. I have been dabbling in sewing too- because I, er, um have time for yet another hobby. Who needs to grocery shop? or clean? hehe.

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the Cadillac of sewing machines? Neat!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home