Saturday, December 30, 2006

Giftmas Knits

Unfortunately I just couldn't cope with the issues I had with My So-Called Scarf. The wrong side looked hideous, especially on the p2tog edge and the length was way too short. So it was hooked up to the ball winder and ripped apart. Not an easy task with Malabrigo.



The yarn ended up as a ribbed scarf that I can't seem to find again. Of course, I also forgot to take a picture. The new scarf has a much nicer drape and a slip-stitch selvedge so the edges are neat. But it's still way too short. Oh well, off to my sister it went.

I also forgot to take pictures of the other Giftmas presents except for the Irish Hiking Scarf. The boyfriend appears to love it and wears it every day. The cables came out beautifully even though I changed my cabling method at least twice along the way. Turns out I really dislike cabling; it's just too fussy.



Now, I need a scarf for myself!!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I love your IHS!! It looks great!

I've got some malabrigo in the stash looking for a project. I'm thinking of knitting up the bejewled scarf:

http://wild_deer.typepad.com/stitches/2006/11/happy_thanksgiv.html

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty scarf!

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home