Thursday, November 30, 2006

FO: My So-Called Scarf

This past fall I went to the Boston Knit-Out where I was handed a coupon for my local LYS which I, of course, had to use immediately. So I trekked a few blocks to the store and elbowed my way through the crowds of women who had also received the coupon but probably don't have the chance to shop at Windsor Button every single day on the way home from work. It was absolute mayhem. Once I found my way to the back of the store, I picked up one skein of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn and one skein of Malabrigo in delicious Bobby Blue. But what was I to do with the Malabrigo? I took it to a bar for drinks with friends and sat there petting the skein, forcing everyone else to touch it. But once I was home, it was stuffed into a ziplock bag where it sat for months.



On Thanksgiving morning, before driving to my parent's house, I decided it was time to open up the bag and let my delicious yarn breathe. I spent an hour winding it into a ball. (For some reason it was all felted to itself and tangled.) Then I casted on for the infamous My So-Called Scarf. The scarf was completed in two days of solid knitting over the holiday weekend. It was the perfect project for television watching or chatting with a friend over (very late night) drinks.



The length isn't shown in these pictures because I'm still not sure if I'm 100% happy. I used just the one skein and the scarf is a bit shorter than I prefer. I might eventually pick up another skein and add about one foot of length before packing it up as a Christmas gift. And then, once the fury of holiday knitting is finished, I'll make one for myself!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

I absolutely love it! Such a great color, and a really neat design.

Man, those were late night drinks.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home