Monday, October 16, 2006

FO: Ball Band Washcloths



This past summer I was in a knitting funk but wanted to rejuvenate the knitting with a small project. I wanted something small in size, relatively inexpensive, simple but not mind-numbing, and suitable for warm weather knitting. Enter the Ball Band Dishcloth, also found in Mason Dixon Knitting. The pattern can be found here, listed as Textured Slip Stitch.



I went to the local craft store and purchased a few fluorescent balls of Sugar and Cream cotton, packed up the knitting in the beach bag and headed off to Cape Cod for a weekend. Awesome: These were easy to knit on the beach and I wasn't worried about getting sand on the yarn. Not awesome: I do not understand how people can use this yarn regularly on any other project. It was like knitting with cardboard. The cotton has no give and scratched up my fingers. However, the results were fantastic.

The only issue? I don't use washcloths or dish cloths, ever. So now I've converted the pattern into towel size by adding three pattern repeats and have started on the largersize so the finished result will actually be used in my home.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I never thought flourescent could be so classy. and congrats on the blog. It looks lovely so far.

(I made my first attempt at using dpns this weekend. Wasn't very successful...)

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. that comment above (or below) was from me. I must be new to blogs.

duh.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

I love the colors! The idea of making them into towels is brilliant!!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home