Thursday, February 08, 2007

Baby Cable WIP, still unfinished

The knitting has, for the most part, taken a hiatus so I can concentrate on more important (and totally boring) things. Every few nights I work on a few rows of the second baby cable sock. At this rate, I'll be finished by next winter. Besides that, nothing on the needles. I have many projects in mind and read obsessively during writing breaks but I can't bear to start anything, knowing it will sit around, getting dusty and covered in cat hair over the next few months.




The spring Interweave Knits came in the mail today and it's looking good. I'm not a huge fan of the redesign (it now looks almost exactly like Vogue Knitting) but I'll get used ot it. I've never even knit anything from a magazine anyway, I just like flipping through.

Other plans include the Thermal sweater designed by cosmicpluto. I love it oh so much! But tiny yarn on tiny needles make for a loooooong process. Again, It will be finished by next winter, if I'm lucky. I ordered up the yarn this week along with set of KnitPicks Options needles so I never have to buy another pair. Ever. I also added a few long circulars in small sized for Magic Loop-ing of socks. The circs I'm now using are way too short an quickly getting warped and ruined.

There are a few other things in my head and plenty of packages en route to my apartment. I really hope the IRS gets my tax return deposited right quick. Otherwise, my overdraft gets a serious work-out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ojos verdes said...

They look great!! this green is absolutely delicious!!

I'm thinking on begin Thermal also... looks cute!

2:20 AM  
Blogger BrownPants said...

I'm with you on the cat hair.
I love the colour of your socks too, I have a thing for green...

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home